Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My last free day!! ^^

Keke..
I had a lot of fun yesterday (after blogging) and today!! xD

First of all, I never knew my dad would go frantic because of a SPIDER!! =X
^^' We were trying to get my Tuscany movies from his laptop onto a USB-stick, when suddenly a spider of 3 cm (legs included) came walking on the desk in the direction of the laptop! =P
Me: Oh look a spider!
My dad: Aah, yuk, a SPIDER! *shoving chair, getting away from the desk*
Me: Hahaha.. *LAO* it isn't a huge spider!
My dad: What should we do? *walks in the direction of the door*

My dad's desk is in his bedroom so his bed is directly next to his desk..
The spider just walked on, over the mouse, to the edge of the desk, takes a jump and... lands on the bed!
You should have seen my dad's reaction!!! xD

My dad: Aaah, yuk yuk yuk!! *grabs pillow and starts hitting the spider*
Me: *Breaks down in laughter again* It won't die that way..
My dad: *stops hitting the spider* Did it die? Looks like it..
(The spider just curled up and acted like it had died..)
Me: No, it moves!
My dad: Dang! *starts hitting it again*
Me: Dad, stop, you're never going to kill it this way! (Dad moves to the door, hesitantly looking at the spider) I'll watch the spider for you!
My dad: *comes back with a towel and throws it over the spider, trying to catch the spider.. without success*
Me: *slaps forehead* Why did you get a towel? I'll do it! *leaves and comes back with a piece of toilet paper*.. There, done!
My dad: Did you crush it? You did right? *hopeful*
Me: *rolls eyes* Of course not! That's nasty! ô.ô

^^ This really happened! O_O It sounds crazy, when I write it, but everything happened exactly like this!! ^^' I asked my dad later on why he was so scared of spiders.. it's "just because".. He can handle other creepers, but just no spiders! xD

Good thing I haven't told him that spiders usually don't come in solo.. there's almost always a second one around! ^^ Don't worry spiders do people no harm! ^^ At least, not the spiders in my surroundings, they usually aren't bigger than 6 cm (legs included) and they are skinny and hairless and if they do have hairy legs, they stay smaller than 4 cm (again legs included)..

Okay.. enough about spiders!!! O_O (how can I, I'm not particularly fond of them either!!)
So next topic.. the above was actually what happened yesterday evening..

Today my free student travel pass became legitimate!! =D
From now on I can travel by train for free during the week and with discount during the weekends!! ^^ I'm happy!!
Since I could do that, starting today, I went to Amsterdam! =)
My new school is in Amsterdam, so I wanted to go there to see how long the journey would take. (it's +/- 90 minutes..)

There is this stupid thing going on in our country.. they (the public transport companies) have decided there is going to be a new system, which requires everyone to get a pass..
Since the system is already working in Amsterdam and other big cities, you can't use tickets any longer, you have to buy a pass!! O_O
Anyway I have to get a pass too, because I need to use the public transport in Amsterdam!
At least I don't have to buy it! ^^ the owners of a free student travel pass get it for free! =) Yaay!
So this morning I went to the post office again, asking for such a pass.. it will be made and send to my home address.. which meant I can't use it tomorrow! -_-'
By the way.. I really, really, REALLY DISLIKE NUMBER MACHINES!!! =X
In the post office I had to get a number again, I can't remember which, but I had to wait for 10 numbers or something!
Well, it's nothing compared to what happened later on that day! O_O

After I went to the post office I went to Amterdam, taking the train..
Because I already knew I can't use my free travel pass in the metro (which would bring me to school), I went to the Service Point of NS (Dutch Railway company)..
They said I should go to the office of GVB (Dutch Metro company), which was on the other side of the street.. There I could get a temporary pass..

With a good mood I crossed the street, happy that I would soon go to school without "travel trouble"... It became a lòòòòòòng "soon"!!
The first thing I spotted when I entered the little office..
- It's crowded! -
The second thing I spotted right after..!
- There is a NUMBER MACHINE!!! -
None the less, I got myself a number..
Checking it I saw I had number 278.. then looking at the number that was helped at the desk: 234!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was going to have to wait for a very boring long time!! In crowded Chinatown!! xD There were a lot of Chinese tourists!
Not that I minded being there.. but like I said, I get a little irritated when there's a number machine involved! ^^' (Not that anyone noticed, I keep it to myself..)

When it was finally my turn I got my pass and left as quick as I could.. I had waited half an hour! xD That's long, I had to wait for 44 others being before me.. I saw some people had to wait for 50 others being before them!! O_O I would have left! (if it had been possible)..

I used my temporary pass immediately, and.. it actually worked! xP
When I got to "Weesperplein" (the place where my school is located near), I had to walk to the school building..
But, stupid me, had forgotten to look it up on the map, so I only knew which station I had to get out, but didn't know how further!! -_-'
So I walked in one direction on the street and since I couldn't find it, I went back to the metro and went back to Amsterdam Central..
My stupidity wasn't done with me yet, because when I got to Amsterdam Central I got into the wrong train back to my home town, so I ended up in Zaandam =X (It's quite close to Amsterdam, but in the wrong direction)..
So, I ended up going back to Amsterdam, in a crowded train by the way, there were more people than air!!
Back in Amsterdam I took the right train home (with a change of trains half way)..
I think it was 'take-public-transport'-day.. It's really rare for me seeing a train this crowded!
Something particularly annoying was a man almost sticking his behind in my face.. =X
I was sitting near the door and there was really no more space for the man than half a meter from my face..
Another man was reading a French book which was apparently funny, because he was laughing like a sheep from time to time.. ^^ funny to hear, but annoying to, because I was in no mood to laugh..

Sorry by the way for all this ^^.. I just need to write this out.. well, just ignore it if you don't like it..

Hmm.. I'm done blogging for today.. =)

I'll be going now! *winks* byebye!! =D

~~~~~X~~~x~~~X~~~~~
*~Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment