Monday, October 4, 2010

App-madness

As I was searching for something on Google, my eyes fell onto a small option on the bottom of the homepage..
Apparently, I could change the background of the google homepage!

Curious as I've always been, I followed the link and picked a background with a caterpillar on a Parsley twig.
The lay-out looked quite the same, but the sterile white had been replaced by the new background and the Google logo was embossed and in white letters.
It was aesthetically pleasing, but there was nothing more to it...

WOW! (sarcastically)
A complete useless option as I found out that the background will not even be shown once you start ticking in the key words of your search.

What is it lately with all these applications that are plain useless and fun for less than 3 minutes and then annoying?
I can't remember how many posts on Yahoo solely that I've read discussed the topic of "weird applications" in, for example, cars.

With the IPhone and all these 354-in-1 touch-screen equipped devices, a whole new world of digital apps has come into existence.
In that madness there are apps of any kind; apps that are useful - like GPS, a weather forecast, economic news or camping information - but also a lot of apps that are utterly useless. I'm sure there must be an app that challenges you to clean the toilet as fast and as efficiently as possible and if that app does not exist, it will be developed and made available very soon!

In the meanwhile, I'll just keep using my flip-open mobile phone which isn't connected to the internet and which has no touch-screen either. ;)

~~~~~X~~~x~~~X~~~~~
*~Maria

4 comments:

  1. hey! I think it's asian madness for you :p btw.. do you also speak Japanese or Korean by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! x) I like that, Asian madness xP I don't speak Japanese, Korean or any other Asian language... I'm studying Indonesian and Korean though. ^^ What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was planning to take some Korean lessons.. I think it's the most beautiful language in Asia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. =D I agree! ;) I learn Korean by visiting www.KoreanClass101.com, I don't know whether you've heard about it? ^^ I really recommend it! =) Good luck! 화이팅! (fighting!) ^^

    ReplyDelete