Thursday, October 28, 2010

Missing my grandma...

Even though it's been almost 15 years since my grandma passed away, at times I still miss her.
I wonder what would have happened if she was still alive...

In the past few weeks, my father and his sister have gone through all the stuff that's in my grandparents home.
My grandpa has moved to a nursing home a few years ago and so their home has become an empty place.
Because my family wants to put it up for rent (since it's completely theirs), the stuff in the house should be sorted out...

Long story short, my father came home with multiple boxes filled with photos of me and my sister as little babies, my father and his sister, my grandma as young woman and even my grandparents their parents!
It was so much fun going through those photos (mostly black and white). Some of the photos were also taken in Indonesia, where my grandmother has grown up.

Since my grandma passed away when I was 5 years old, I have only a few vague memories of her. My parents have told me that she was very fond of me, probably because I was her first grandchild and I also had the Chinese looks like her (she was a full blood Chinese, brought up in Indonesia). Even thought I love both my grandparents of both sides of the family a lot, my Chinese grandma has always been the grandparent I love most.

Today I saw pictures of my grandma as young woman for the first time. She was a beautiful woman. She seemed to have an outgoing personality and a love for photos (and posing for them), but she didn't go overboard with it, she always appeared to be modest and calm.

I don't have a photo to share with you, not even a babypic of me, I'll get to that another time! =)

~~~~~X~~~x~~~X~~~~~
*~Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment