Friday, June 18, 2010

World Cup and personality check

Almost a week ago the World Cup soccer has started again and I'm sure most of you have seen the opening or at least one game..
So far I have seen the following games:
~ Australia - Germany
~ Paraguay - Servia
~ Netherlands - Denmark
~ Argentina - South Korea

I'm not really a soccer fan, but the World Cup is different! ^^" The feeling of the country becoming a little bit more united - and the rest of the world too in some sense - is just really nice =)

The last game I saw was today's Argentina - South Korea game.. Argentina won with 4 against 1.. I hadn't really expected South Korea to win, because South Korea isn't really a soccer country and Argentina is, but I think they did deserve more! ^^
At least the support of South Korea was big! =)
Super Junior and Big Bang even made songs to support their national soccer team!

Although the fans are supportive, I noticed that South Korea is not even really taken seriously in the Netherlands.. =(
I was kind of disappointed to learn that even the commentor of the game (who should know about the game's players) didn't have any knowledge about the Korean players!
The only thing the commentor knew was that Park JiSung was a player for Manchester United and thus a hero in South Korea!
Also, the commentor was obviously on Argentina's side! -_- He was constantly commenting on Argentina's players, their manager/coach, their private lives even! 0_0
It was mostly positive too..
Then there was this habit of the commentor to comment on everything out of Argentina's perspective.. for example:
If Javier Mascherano would take the ball from Park JiSung, the commentor would say: "Mascherano took the ball."
And if it was the other way around, the commentor would say: "Mascherano was taken the ball from."

This might have to do with the names of the Korean soccer players too...
There are several Kim's, Lee's and Park's in the team and their personal names are hard to pronounce for someone who isn't familiar with the Korean language/sounds.

At some point the commentor didn't even bother to hide his personal preference for Argentina's soccer team, he bluntly stated: "Argentina has really shown us they are worthy to play at the highest level.. South Korea is trained well to be able to participate in the World Cup, but they are hardly a threat to Argentina, their play is pretty awful, it looks like nothing.."
I translated it from Dutch to English, but this was pretty much what he has said.
That's when I felt really disappointed..
Sure, South Korea wasn't very strong against Argentina, but they did what they could and even managed to score!
I think they do have potential to become ranked 2nd in their poule, besides they beat Greece with 2-0! ;) although Greece isn't a soccer country either..

Something completely different..
I was just visiting the Xiah-sshi Forums, when I found this:
~ A personality check in which you have to draw a house and answer 10 questions about it.

I made the drawing and answered the questions. My results are:
«Based on your drawing and the 10 answers you gave this is a summary of your personality:
You are sensitive and indecisive at times. You are a freedom lover and a strong person. You love your house and family. You are a gifted artist as well. Once you have a problem, you need a friend with you. Your life is always full of changes. You are very tidy person. There's nothing wrong with that because you're pretty popular among friends. Your life is always full of changes.

When it comes to love, you shut yourself off. It's difficult to win your heart because you have decided to keep your feelings deep inside. You have a strong personality and you like to command, influence and control people.

You added a flower into your drawing. The flower signifies that you long for love. We also see that you are sensuous, sexual, and privately passionate. You don't think much about yourself.»


The above description is actually pretty accurate, the only thing that's off is that I 'like to command' people.. I do feel like influencing (in giving them my point of view, when I feel comfortable around them) and I'd like a bit of control, in order to prevent myself from losing control of the situation..
Another thing is that I don't consider myself sensuous, sexual or passionate.. Privately passionate as in 'not public'? Yes, that's me, but whether I'm passionate, I don't think I am..

Now this girl is going to get her rest! =) ^^ byebye! *waves*
I hope you have sweet dreams! And if you're not about to go to sleep, have a wonderful day! =D

~~~~~X~~~x~~~X~~~~~
*~Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment