Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Shun the emotional, activate the rational

The time has come for me to actually write my thesis. (And the deadline is A LOT faster than I thought, A LOT I say!)

From today on, I have about 30 days to compose my first version and then another month to revise that version and shaping it into my final thesis.

I'm so excited to write a master bachelors piece about Korean fairy tales and to finally put my efforts into creating something I can be proud of. Yet, I'm also terrified of losing spirit and drowning in the amount of literature I started to work through. An added fear is the knowledge that I'll have to write in English rather than Dutch (my native language). Although I know my level of English proficiency is okay when I speak / write informally, but I'm not sure about my academic writing skills in the English language; it might just be very awkward and a little out of my comfort zone (I write on feeling and experience by reading, not on actual knowledge of spelling rules).

Anyhow, with the deadlines approaching and the work load being not so little, I'll probably not blog for a while. The same goes for pretty much everything in my life. I will not have time for personal relationships (except the family and Church), for dreams and future planning, for philosophical thinking, for hobbies like reading/writing/playing piano, for entertainment and everything other than my thesis, my food and my sleep (and hygiene ;])... So until Christmas, regard me as a hedgehog in hibernation, while I'm preparing for world domination my graduation. ^-^

Byebye~!!! Wish me luck!!! =D

~~~~~X~~~x~~~X~~~~~
*~Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment