Friday, August 31, 2012

Introduction Camp

Next week a new semester at uni will start off with introduction lessons for the 1st year students and empty schedules for the 2nd year students. x'D

To give the 1st year students a good chance to get to know each other, Tanuki (my study association) organized a camp for them.
As a 2nd year student I was able to join the camp with one of my best friends (who is also my classmate) and lead the 1st year Korean students.
Tanuki is there for Japanese and Korean Studies, but since Korean Studies is seriously outnumbered by their Japanese counterpart, J and I tried to be representatives for our study as best as we could! =)

Oh, and I did something that gave me a full week of aching muscles last year...
I attended a Yosakoi workshop! Yosakoi is a pretty stamina-building Japanese folk dance. Even though "folk dance" may sound boring or lame, Yosakoi is very much the opposite! It's very energetic and fun to watch and if you participate it's good for your stamina and flexibility. And it's something you do as a team, so it's socially rewarding as well! ^^
Although I have legs that are sore from muscle ache right now, I joined the Yosakoi team and I'm going to practise at least once a week (max 3 times a week) with them! It'll be killing at first, but so awesome when I'll become stronger, more flexible and loose~ xP

Here's a dance I partially learned during the workshop, called "Soran Bushi". This dance is physically the most exhausting, they told me. x]


My books for the new semester have arrived!! =D Can we then now start the new semester?? *blink blink* ^^

~~~~~X~~~x~~~X~~~~~
*~Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment